- Preparing your BitBox01 for use with MyEtherWallet
- Using MyEtherWallet with your BitBox01
- Receive Ether
- Send Ether
Safely and simply store Ether on your BitBox01 using the MyEtherWallet integration
Please make sure you are using the latest firmware.
- If you have used your BitBox01 before, skip to the next section.
- If you just got a new BitBox01 please set it up with the BitBoxApp. See this guide. This will generate wallets for both Bitcoin and Ethereum and the same backup on the microSD card will recover both wallets.
Note: If ‘Full 2FA’ is enabled using the desktop app, Ether can be received but cannot be sent. This is also the situation for hidden wallets, where full 2FA is always enabled by default. This will be fixed in the future.
Browser support: Chrome and Opera browsers work without modification. Firefox or Safari work if a browser extension for Universal 2nd Factor (U2F) devices is installed.
- Visit https://www.myetherwallet.com/
- Click “Access My Wallet”
Do not generate a new wallet on MyEtherWallet by clicking ‘Create A New Wallet’. This does not create a wallet on your BitBox01. Coins sent there will not be stored on your BitBox01.
- Select “Hardware”
- Select “BitBox” and click “Choose a Hardware”
- Type in your BitBox01 device password and click “Unlock wallet BitBox”
- Optional: Change “HD Derivation Path”: This is not necessary if you just want to use Ethereum
- Select an account (address) you want to access.
- Agree to the MyEtherWallet Terms.
- Click “Access My Wallet”.
You can now deposit Ether to the Address shown.
Under “Actions” click “Send Transaction” and fill out the transaction details. Then click “Send Transaction” and confirm on your BitBox01.